Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hey Family,
Glad to hear everything is going good and that Utah State finally
decided to win another game. I’m especially happy that it was against
BYU, for obvious reasons, although I wish that BYU and Utah State
could both be decent at the same time for once. I’m glad to hear that
Megan is liking her young women’s group and that Trevor and Alex will
have the opportunity to transition. The new ward sounds great and I
can`t wait to meet some more people. The rain that you are having
sounds wonderful! We never get rain... or snow... or sun. It’s just
foggy, smoggy, cloudy, and overall generally gross, but the people make
up for it. I just can`t wait to get rain when I get back home. I may
just play in the rain and make myself sick the first time it rains.
Thanks for the pictures you sent in the mail. I love getting them,
and every time I do it puts a smile on my face. :)
I have been sick the last week and on Tuesday I was completely out of
commission until after lunch because at 4:40 in the morning I woke up
and threw up all over the place. In the morning we called Hermana
Tyler and she told me I had "Welcome to Peru" disease. It was
wonderful... However, I also gained an extremely spìritual experience
from this. Elder Kasat gave me a blessing and I slept and felt
miserable all morning, however, after lunch I was able to proselyte
with Elder Kasat, and then that night I felt miserable again. It
showed that the priesthood has the power to help for what is needed
and that through Christ I can do all things, including walk a bunch
while my stomach and head were on fire.

On Wednesday our morning was rough, but at the end of the day we were
able to teach Leidy again, who still thinks that she isnt ready for
baptism. We are working hard to convince her otherwise, because she
is definitely ready. We also taught Sandra, who is one of our many
cases of someone who can`t move forward until she and her esposo get
married. They have it planned for October 30th so hopefully after
that we can move forward. She seems excited to learn and wants to be
baptized, we are just waiting for that marriage.

On Friday we had the opportunity to again teach Angel and Juana. They
both are really interested in Jesus Christ, but I can`t quite decide
how they feel about our church and having one church in particular.
This week we are going to invite them to conference and hopefully
after that we will understand a little more about what their desires
are and if they are going to want to move forward in the gospel. We
also taught Lucila and Elizabeth. Both of whom are people who need to
be married before they can be baptized. Lucila isn`t as far into the
lessons and we aren`t sure where she is at completely yet, but
Elizabeth has a huge desire to change and be baptized. She wants to
be married on the 30th too, but her esposo, who happens to be an
inactive member, doesn`t want to get married. It is causing problems
because he is slowing down her progress, but we are going to continue
to work with them and hopefully they will move forward with that step.

Saturday was P-Day except for Internet, (Today Obviously), and we were
able to move things around in our room and put what belonged in our
room... Like a small fridge and a microwave... and take out the things
that didn`t belong. We also got together with our Zone for games and
that night we had a Family Home Evening with our Zone that consisted
basically of a testimony meeting. It was amazing. Its amazing how
much spirit and power can be in a room when a bunch of 19-23 year olds
get together and testify of Christ and of this gospel. It was a
definite testimony to me that we are missionaries called of God, and
that we have even more power than we can even consider, through faith
in Jesus Christ and through the power of the Priesthood. We have an
amazing Zone who has so much spiritual power.

Sunday was a study day for us, because again, we weren`t allowed to
proselyte, which I am kind of glad. When we were going to members
homes for food, the streets were crazy. Lots of people, some yelling
at each other. So much going on. Definitely detracted from the
spirit I was feeling that day. I studied in the New Testament, the
Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and I read in Jesus The
Christ. I learned so much that I didn`t know before and it was a
great testimony for me.

I love you all, the gospel is true, no matter what language it is in.
The people here in the church are so awesome and I am so happy to be
here serving the people, even if it means I am sick for a long time
here. Have a great week, and good luck in school and in the ward
changes.

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment