Monday, May 16, 2011

April 22, 2011

Hey family,

Well this is going to be another short one.

This week has been pretty much the most hectic week of my life. I have had so many responsibilities here in the office. I am hoping things will slow down a little bit next week so we can go out and proselyte. I have been helping missionaries with medical things, I took two elders to the airport who have finished their missions and are going home, I have been to Callao and back 2 (40 minutes each way), Condevilla and back (45 minutes each way), San Luis (30 minutes each way), and all over San Isidro. Basically, I do all sorts of things.

I am curious. Did you ever receive a letter from the mission that had a picture of me with President and Sister Tyler in it? We send one to the parents of all new missionaries, but I haven´t heard of many elders whose parents actually receive the letters.

About the office.
There are 6 missionaries in the office. 2 of them are the Webbs... The Webbs are from Arizona and don´t speak very much Spanish. Sister Webb speaks almost none. Which is hard, because I do some translating.

The next two are the assistants... Elder Asqui and Elder Bate. Elder Asqui is from Ecuador, and he has been an assistant way too long. He is starting his 6th change in the office. To give you a reference, I was in my first sector 5 changes. He will be in the office up until about 8 and a half months. A long time.
Elder Bate is from Springville, Utah. He is really cool. He is really humble and he has helped me a lot since I got here.

Next is us.
Elder Olivera is my companion. He is from Jaén, Perú. If you want to know where that is, It is about 2 hours south of the border with Ecuador. So go to where Perú meets Ecuador in Google Maps, and then go south. Its part of the Department of Cajamarca. So if you can find the city of Cajamarca, go north and you will find Jaén. He is awesome. He is way humble, and he wants to work hard. Its really cool. We get along great. He takes care of packages for Elders and things like that.
Then there is me. I am the President´s Personal Secretary, which basically means that I do anything and everything they ask me too.

Lately we haven´t had a lot of lessons, but we have had a few good lessons with Taxi Drivers. This is a new learning experience for me. Its hard. But I can do it. Im excited and hope that everything continues to go well.

I hope that everything is going well at home. I know the gospel is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and he leads us and guides us through revelation from Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true. In the 9 months I have been on my mission, I have found the truthfulness of it more every day. I love this gospel. And I love you all.

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment